Anyone Anal About Rears? - I mean TR6 Differentials

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Anyone Anal About Rears? - I mean TR6 Differentials
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:46:12 EDT
Don't get me wrong. I am asking a couple of questions about TR6 differentials
or "rears".I am getting ready to install a used TR6 rear on my '74 TR6. Why
you ask? I will describe in detail later.

First, should the entire case be painted black? I cleaned the case and the
rear.. I mean back portion of the case is aluminum? Anyway it is shiny.
Should it stay shiny or be painted?

Secondl - there are a series of number in the casting of the case. What do
they mean? Here they are:

On the front of the case:
D 30 71
CD35928