Re: Pressure Differential Warning Switch

To: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure Differential Warning Switch
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 20:09:27 -0400
Jim,

It's funny how this topic comes up so often.  Just last week it had a
long thread on the Triumph List and that was the second time in the past
year or so.

All the advice you've received from members on this list is correct.  To
answer your questions specifically, my '75 TR6 has the white nylon
switch like Dick Taylor's car has, and second, the bolt in the hole
trick is OK, too.

About 18 months ago, I researched the o-ring sizes and material types
and ordered some 15 sets or so from a distributor in Texas.  I've sold
all of my spares to fellow list members since and have learned a few
things about the PDWA.  I've heard of at least 3 different styles (and
O-Ring sizes) used on TR6's; the device is merely an indicator for the
lamp on the dash and not in itself a safety device; you can live without
it's services.

If you're really interested in repairing your unit, I'd suggest you wait
until you have to do some other brake hydraulic work and do it at the
same time.  In the meantime, the bolt and washer will work just fine.
Ask me how I know,

18 months later and still on the bolt......

Gary
'75 TR6  Digest
Severn, MD

With new EP O-Rings in their package just waiting!