Re: Floor Panel Replacement

To: Jltr6@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor Panel Replacement
From: Dale Morgan <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
  Jim

  I finished replacing my floor on both sides just
recently.  In my opionon it is best done with the body
off the car.  To do this cross brace the body shell
and remove as much weight as possible.  With the aid
of four stout freinds or an engine hoist the body can
be removed fairly easily.  Build your self a platform
to support the body.

  Now you have good access to do the repair.  Once you
see the whole picture of what you have you can then
make the decesion as to what to replace and how much.

  With a hand grinder, cut off wheels and grinding
discs, you can cut the areas or the whole panel out.
Remember that it is best to cut long and grind down to
where you want to be.

  With a MIG welder and CO2 attachment you can get a
good weld on the thin metal that the factory used for
floor pans.

  You will get other opinions on this project.  Weight
each and make your decesion on what and how your car
should be.

  Dale