RE: Throw out this bearing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Throw out this bearing
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:12:00 -0400
I put a slight bit of copper grease on the shaft, after I had the same
problem of the throw out bearing sticking after I let up on the clutch.
After a 2,000 miles, no repeat of the problem.  This is fairly common
advice in Brit old car mags, but don't use too much grease.  However, the
squealing is another matter already covered by Tim.