Re: Rust prevention

To: "Creamer, Mark" <CreamerM@cintasmail.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rust prevention
From: Neil Beesley <neil.beesley@netconnect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 10:03:20 +0100
I've found Wayoxl to be very effective, and we get some pretty foul weather
over here ! You have to apply a thin enough layer to cover everything,
without applying it too thick so that the wax layer sags. But if you get it
right, it forms an airtight layer against the metal which repels all water,
(and it sticks to everything it comes in contact with). It won't kill
existing rust, but blocks the air, stopping it getting any worse, and as it
doesn't dry and sag like underseal/undercoating it reforms over small scrapes.

The downside is that it really needs reapplying every couple of years, and
while it covers the car, it does a pretty good job of covering the guy
applying it as well, (and it smells bad and that lives with you for a few
days afterwards) - but if you can put up with that, its probably the
cheapest and most effective way I've found.

Cheers,

Neil Beesley
70 TR6 PI
CP54211