Re: wheels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheels
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:48:00 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2000 5:12:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TomRJade@aol.com writes:

>  Is it true that the Nissan wheels will fit the TR-6.

Tom,

I don't know how accurate the following information is, but it was posted to
the Triumphs list awhile back. I do know that the MGB bolt pattern is 4 on 4
1/2, and the MGC uses five lugs, and the lugs for an MGB are 1/2" vs 7/16" on
a TR6, but the MGB wheels will bolt up to a TR6 anyway, if you use the
correct nuts.

Obviouisly, then, this list is not 100% correct, but it might help you narrow
down your search a bit.

4 on 4-1/2
        Acura - Legend '86-'89
        Buick - Special '61-'63
        Chevrolet
            Corvair all 4-bolt
            Chevy II  all 4-bolt
            Sprint '85-'87
            Nova ('61-'70)
        Datsun/Nissan - most models to '89
        Dodge Colt '79-'88
        Dodge Colt (early)
        Ford
            Mustang all '65-'68 4-bolt
            Falcon, Maverick, Granada all 4-bolt
        Mazda - 626, RX7 '83-'87  ????
        MGA, MGB, MGC
        Olds - F-85 '61-'63
        Plymouth - Arrow, Sapporo '79-'88
        SAAB all      ???
        SAAB - 900 to '87
        Toyota - most exc. MR2 and P.U. to '89
        Triumph TR 1..6

Dan Masters
Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook
http://members.aol.com/danmas6/