TR6 PI: Lucas fuel pump: solution found

To: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: TR6 PI: Lucas fuel pump: solution found
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:16:21 -0400
Bernard,

You are right ... not only TR6's but it seems every Lucas wiper motor for
many years:  my son's Spit 1980 parts car just donated a brush plate to the
cause!  I had to remove the 3rd wire (the yellow second speed connector),
and ease the plate a tad to get it to fit, but otherwise everything was
identical including the screw fixing holes.

Many thanks for pointing out what is sorta an "obvious", but completely
unsuspected, solution (which was only 12 feet from the pump with the
missing bits!).

Will keep you posted on how it works out,

Tony