A new TR6 Repair Manual in the works?

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: A new TR6 Repair Manual in the works?
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:08:31 -0700
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:03:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Subject: Re: Carburetor Needles

Steve---You may not have gone far enough "when turning the adjusting
screw two turns." If these needles were previously set "rich" it will
take another turn or two before the male threads on the adjustment screw
come out of the female threads inside the needle assembly. Keep turning
as before, till the shoulder of the needle housing doesn't lower
anymore. Pull firmly on the spring-loaded needle, and it will come out.
If the needle has been in there for a long while, there's been occasions
when complete removal of the "set screw" was helpful. Liberal doses of
WD-40 into this screw opening will help the needle shank to give up its
grip in the piston bore.

Before replacing each needle, screw in the "set screw," if you had to
remove it. Its point needs to protrude inside just far enough to keep
the needle from turning, by picking up the keyway in the needle's shank.
It's usually necessary to push up on the needle shank firmly, while
turning the adjustment screw, till you feel the threads engage. Bottom
out the set screw. Its tip is spring loaded, so the needle will still be
adjustable. The rest is by the book.

Dick T.
'73

I've got you figured out Dick. You're way too good at this to be a casual
enthusiast. We're going to see a book from you real soon aren't we?

John Truttman/TR6/Santa Cruz