adding handbrake light

To: Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: adding handbrake light
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 16:42:22 -0400
Dan,
        I am installing a handbrake on one of my '75 TR6s with a provision for
a handbrake light switch. I purchased your incredible Electrical
Maintenance Handbook (let me add my thanks to the many you have already
received) and it appears from looking at the '76 schematic that all I
need to do is splice a wire from the handbrake switch into the
black/purple wire between the existing lamp and the PDWA switch. Is this
correct? It is a little confusing to me as the '76's have a purple/slate
wire from terminal C4 on the "bulb test relay" and mine doesn't.
Thanks,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA