Car won't start

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car won't start
From: "Harmon, Mike" <MHarmon@sces.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:02:23 -0400
Help!!!!
I have a 74 TR6 that I puchased a few months ago.  It needs lots of TLC and
will be a slow process but I've got time.  The DPO always started the car by
rolling it down an incline???  I found that the gear ring had moved back on
the fly wheel so the starter would not engage.  The ring gear was damaged so
I replaced it and that fixed that.  The car now starts great sometimes but
most of the time a faint buzz comes from under the dash.  I located the
noise, it comes from the ignition & interlock buzzer. I say this because the
part looks like Moss part number 542-360. I have found if I unplug the big
plug (has 12 wires in the plug) to this part and plug it back in the car
starts fine for a day or two.  The buzzer in the Moss catalog  says NA
beside it.  Where might I find another or can I bypass this thing by
rewiring something.
Mike H