Re: TR6 PI air cleaner bracket question

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: TR6 PI air cleaner bracket question
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:51:26 +1200
Hi Tony,

Glad to hear the PI conversion is going well. I've just finished rebuilding
a metering unit I picked up (I picked up a complete PI system this weekend
for $NZ30 or about $US15!!).

There is a casting standout on the side of the block. I think it is
separate from the engine mounting point but off the top of my head I can't
remember.  This is the same casting point used by the saloon cars to mount
the power steering pump. I believe this casting was common to all Triumph 6
cyl block (incl GT6, Vitesse etc. There should be a couple of holes there
to wind in two studs.

Many of the saloon cars have actually lost this bracket and the plenum
chamber is held on solely by the rubber pipes to the throttle bodies.

I'll try and dig out a photo of my car this evening if you like.

Cheers
Bernard

'71 PI (no reverse gear!)
'73 TR6PI (hope it passes the MOT, cos I can't get the PI out of the drive!!)

At 21:19 15/07/00 -0400, Tony Gordon wrote:
>Folks,
>
>The installation of the replacement PI system is going well (all the major
>systems are in place), but the manuals do not seem to show where/how the
>plenum chamber (the long round bit that connects to the trumpets) is
>attched to the block.  We do not have a bracket (but do have some strip
>steel that will allow us to fabricate one, once we work out to attach it
to!).

>I have got to say that those 6 big trumpets and injectors look way kool!!!!!
>

>TIA,
>
>Tony Gordon
>
>72 US spec TR6 (nearly PI)

Regards