oil in cooling system

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: oil in cooling system
From: bob whitehead <bob.whitehead@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:12:21 +0100
hi all,

  I have just started my TR6 for the first time in about 4 years.It has
been laid up in the garage.
  Eventually it stared ok and i ran it till it reached temp.
  No problems,leaks smoke etc.
  The next day after i started the car i noticed that the exhaust was
smoking more than
  before and when i checked the water in the radiator found it contained
a black film.
  Did the head gasket,fresh water in rad, restarted the car today and
the oil is still there.Again some white smoke from the
  exhaust.There appears to be no water in the oil; ie. white sludge in
engine,the oil is clear
  as it is new.

  Has anyone had this experience or similar or could shed some light on.

  Any help would be appreciated

  regards

  bob