Re: hartops hard to find?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hartops hard to find?
From: "The Brinkers" <thebrinkers@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:29:00 -0400
Mark,
Finding a good clean hardtop shouldn't be that difficult.  You might pay
anywhere from 500 - 900 dollars.  If you purchase a TR6 without a hardtop,
the big question will be if the seller will have the paint code and or the
can with some paint left in it that could be used.  He may call it "british
racing green" or original "pimento" or whatever, but that means nothing
unless you have the paint code they painted their car with.  Also, if the
paint job on the car is not "recent" and the car has been exposed to the
elements, there may be some variances between the original color painted and
what the paint color is now.
A good painter could try and match the color.... it may take a couple of
tries.

Good Luck,

Mike Brinker