Re: Torque Sway Update

To: "The Brinkers" <thebrinkers@home.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque Sway Update
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:55:09 -0400
Mike Brinker wrote:

> Comments back from the list pointed towards both the outer drive shafts >
and the rubber bushes for the trailing arms as suspect areas.  I first
> addressedthe splines.  Each of them was cleaned and coated with anti-
> cease and I still got the sideways torque sway.

Okay, why would you coat your half shaft splines with anti-seize?
Anti-seize is _NOT_ a lubricant of any sorts.  The half shaft splines should
be greased, I actually prefer the very expensive German made marine grease
which has traces of Teflon in it (sorry, can't recall the name... and the
tube is loaded in the grease gun yet).  But any multi-purpose grease will do
the trick.

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net