Torque Sway Update

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Torque Sway Update
From: "The Brinkers" <thebrinkers@home.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:08:01 -0400
Hey everyone,
Quite a while ago (last year), I  sent a message to the list asking about
sideways torque sway that my TR6 produced while shifting between gears.
Comments back from the list pointed towards both the outer drive shafts and
the rubber bushes for the trailing arms as suspect areas.  I first addressed
the splines.  Each of them was cleaned and coated with anti-cease and I
still got the sideways torque sway.   This went on through last fall.  This
spring, my torque sway was so bad that the 6 was even feeling a bit loose
(squirley) even when coming out of a corner turn.  I finally got around to
having new poly bushes put on the trailing arms.  This made all of the
difference in the world.  I still get slight torque sway (not to noticeable)
when I push it, but for the most part the bushes did the trick.  I think
some minimal sway is inherent with the car design.
The TR6 definitely feels more solid and responsive.  I wonder what would
happen if I placed new polys on the front suspension!

Mike Brinker
74 TR6 Feeling Good!