Re: J-type Overdrive - Questions

To: Ken Davis <kenjdavis@home.com>
Subject: Re: J-type Overdrive - Questions
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:44:47 -0400
Ken,
The transmission and O/D share lubricant. The owner's manual recommends
Castrol 80/90, and I've used it for years with no problems to brass or
bronze parts, but some don't recommend the GL-5 formulation because it
supposedly can cause problems to same. I'm currently using Redline
synthetic transmission lubricant, which allows smoother shifting but it
seems to find its way through or around gaskets and seals more than the
castrol 80/90 did.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO