TR6 Overdrive

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Overdrive
From: "Chabo" <chabo@ludd.luth.se>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 01:23:45 +0200
Hello.

I'm thinking of fitting a A-type overdrive on my TR6 PI -70, for reasons you
probably know about. I live in Sweden, a country where it is easy to find
Volvo overdrives. I know that the Volvo 121 (Amazon in Sweden) had a
"A-type" overdrive and by pictures I'v seen it seems to be somewhat the same
kind of those fitted to the TR6. My question is:

Is the Volvo overdrive the same unit and is it possible to fit a unit like
that to my TR6? I know it will require a overdrive gearboxshaft but is there
anything else I need to get to fit it right?

Thanks for answering.

Rikard Kallberg

Triumph TR6 PI -70