Re: Locking Brakes

To: Trsx69@aol.com
Subject: Re: Locking Brakes
From: TRDOCTOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:37:44 EDT
In a message dated 6/27/00 5:40:44 AM Central Daylight Time, Trsx69 writes:

<< I have experienced this problem twice on my 72, also having new master,
new hoses, new wheel cylinders and newly rebuilt front calipers.  After
driving back from CT once, I noticed a lose in power, then I started to smell
brake lining, when I stoped the front brakes were SMOKING!  I opened the
bleeder and the pressure shot out and was able to drive the rest of the way
home, being careful only to apply the brakes when absolutily needed.  The
cause, The 4 way vavle under the brake master.  The "o"rings swelled up and
would not allow the fluild to release from the calipers.  I bought a rebuild
kit from TRF (I know keep several on hand, as it happened again several years
later) replaced the two "o" and did not have a problem again for several
years.  TRF does not lest the kit in the cat, but I should have the part
nember in my stash, If you need the number let me know.

 Best Regards
 Jim Holewka
 6-Pack Chief Judge
 Wayne NJ
 69 TR6
 72 TR6
 77 TR7 V8 Daily Driver

Jim;
Good to hear from you. I have replaced the O-ring once a while back, but you
are probably right.  Nothing else makes any sense.  I'm going to try the car
tonight and see if the problem duplicate itself.  I'll let you know!
Thanks for the advise.

Samuel R. Clark
Green Country Triumphs/Jaguar Enthusiast's Club of Oklahoma
VTR South Central Regional Coordinator
TS45355L O
CC82030U O