High RPM miss

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: High RPM miss
From: "Kyle K. Rice" <kkrice@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
Everyone,

I have a high rpm miss on my 74 TR6.  At about 45-70 mph, there is a slight
miss which occures at random times but occures often.  I am not sure where
to start looking.  Could this be caused by the carbs, ignition, exaust leak,
intake leak, vacume leak, electrical, timing, ???  The engine is newly
rebuilt as are the carbs.  It passed smog in California with flying colors.
The car has the following:

crane elec. ignition
sport exaust
Good Parts ram air air cleaner
all new hoses including vacume hoses
British Parts Nortwest mild cam
Rebuilt head with valve seals

The car starts fine with the choke on but will not idle with out me pressing
on the gas pedal.  Once it warms up, it idles around 800 but kind of rough.

Can anyone give some insight on the possible cause and cure.

Thanks Kyle

Kyle Rice
kkrice@earthlink.net