Re: Front end ride height

To: jmlozano@ismi.net
Subject: Re: Front end ride height
From: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:13:37 -0400
This sounds crazy, but check the rear passenger side springs and camber of the
wheel. If this is set up wrong then the front opposite wheel will pushed (in
your
case) down. If the drivers side rear is set up wrong then the passenger side
front will be (in your case) raised. Check the book for the correct bracket set
up on the rear trailing arms. In my case (1974) the set up is two notches on the
inner side of the arm and one on the outer side. This is what I found to be my
problem when the car did not sit right, (to the eye), when on a flat road. Also
the springs might no longer be identical. Metal fatigue happens all the time
with
these cars. I am trying to think of answers that might help before checking the
frame. I pray that the car doesn't have a bent frame.