Re: Bucking TR6

To: "ROBERT L. GANNON" <trsix74@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Bucking TR6
From: "Kevin D. O'Connor" <oconnor@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 09:56:27 -0400
Possibly, your carbs are running out of gas because the fuel pump can't
keep-up, or you may have a vapor-lock problem.  Check if the gas line is
heating-up from the engine or exhaust.

Vapor lock was a huge reliability problem for me until I had the fuel line
re-routed.   Now the line comes down out of the tank, into a filter, through
a Facet pump and up to the engine bay on the driver's side inner frame rail
like stock.  But unlike the stock system, which goes to a fuel pump on the
engine, my line keeps following the driver's side frame rail under the
engine, crossing under the engine behind the front frame cross-member, and
up to the carbs.  The front carb is the first to get gas.  I've seen others
route the line behind the battery to keep it away from the hot engine.

In autocrossing my TR6 for seven summers I never had a problem with
"bucking", or any other mechanical DNF.  The car was always reliable
autox'ing even in 95+ degree heat.  OTOH, my driving the car fast, of
course, was never reliable... ;-)

HTH, Kevin