Re: Changing gearbox oil.

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing gearbox oil.
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 20:16:59 -0400
Just wanted to put my two cents (or is it one) in on this discussion. I
use an eight point 7/16 inch socket to remove the square head filler
plugs on the transmission and oil pan.  It fits like a glove and doesn't
strip the head.  However, I am getting a leak from the oil pan square
head drain plug and want to swap it for a hex head.  Moss wants $12.95
for a magnetic hex head which seems high.  The thread seems to be 5/8
inch so I picked up a 5/8 inch hex head oil pan drain plug from Pep Boys
for $1.99 and it fits nicely.  So far no leak.  I tested the fit by
backing out the new plug and screwing in the old one and they both screw
in fine.
Just finished putting on a new slave cyclinder and I'm back on the road.
Unfortunately it's raining in orlando tonite.  But that didn't stop me
from zooming down the road a few miles to test it out!

--
Jim Henningsen
75 TR6 CF35914U