2000-register

Re: [TR2000] wake up

To: <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR2000] wake up
From: "Joe Santamaria" <jsantamaria@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:41:31 +1100
Hi Dinant , I am awake but I shouldn't be as it is 2:30am in Sydney,
Australia.

I can echo what you said re reliability. I've never not been able to get
home after the very rare breakdown - its usually just tweak a wire - throw
some water on the injection pump, stic a pencil under the throttle lever
when the cable breaks or nearly use a tool of the side of the road like a
tree twig - try that in your Prius.

I have modern cars as well and not only do they breakdown more but when they
have (which is 3 times since new 9 years ago) its been a tow truck
everytime. German engineering I think they call it- "engineered like no
other car", they say. That's probably just as well in some cases.

Anyway - I digress.

It's too late in the day (well morning) to think of nything intelligent to
ask - yes I have rust and a mig welder luckily and a can of fish oil and
that gets me by.

These days the engines are starting to get a bit tired - they have had no
major engine work so that will be coming up now after 30 to 40 years and I
don't look forward to the money or the weight of the work.

Anyway - good to hear from you. Hopefully others will chirp up again.

Here's something to start a discussion - how about who has done EFI on the
PI or Supercharge.

Regards
Joe Santamaria