2000-register

Re: Tandem brake circuit

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Tandem brake circuit
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:35:08 +1200
Thorston

All later model saloons sold here in New Zealand and Australia were fitted
with dual circuit brakes - the setup is exactly the same as the system
fitted to the Stag. I believe all LH drive saloons also used this setup. The
PDWA is located on the LH wheelarch and there are two pipes going from it,
across the firewall, to the master cylinder. The pipe to the RH front brake
also goes from the PDWA across the firewall. For completeness, you would
also need to add a Brake warning light which as activated by the PDWA to
warn of a brake circuit failure - this will require some modification to the
wiring as it uses the oil pressure warning circuit as a test that the Brake
warning bulb is working.

With respect to being state-of-the-art, the brakes are adequate - the main
difference being that modern braking often incorporate ABS...

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D

Email: Home: greed@wave.co.nz