2000-register

Re: rearaxle shafts

To: "2000" <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rearaxle shafts
From: "Cindy and Terry@ESP" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 21:06:35 +1000
Folks,

We have broken yet another rear axle stub shaft on our PI racer, despite
meticulous assembly with solid spacers, lapped tapers etc etc. We are simply
overloading them and they snap from a crack that starts at the at the root
of the woodruff key slot.
Thankfully we have rear discs so the wheel does not fall off, but it sure is
annoying mid-race to have this happen.
Does anyone have any new ones , or better still,  any info on either the
conversions marketed at one time by Racetorations in UK for TR6 (horrendous
price), or the fitment of datsun outer axles (not the sliding ball inner
axle)

Any help appreciated

Terry O'Beirne

///