2000-register

MK1 Front wing attachment

To: 2000 register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: MK1 Front wing attachment
From: Mike Sharp <msharp@cynapps.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:54:43 -0700
Hi!,

I'd like to collect thoughts and ideas on the proper attachment
of a replacement front wing.  The area in question is the seam
behind the headlamps.  Originally the attachment in this area
was done with a series of spot welds on a flange that is part
of the pannel that forms the nose of the car.  Due to limited
access, attachment of the new wing in this manner isn't possible.

I've got my own ideas on how to handle this, but I thought
I'd poll the collective minds of the membership and see if
anyone had a better idea.

Perhaps this is an area for some of that fancy body pannel
adhesive that I vaguely remember.  Anyone have experience
with this stuff?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

    --Mike