2000-register

Re: 2.5 Saloon instruments

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: 2.5 Saloon instruments
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:10:30 +1200
John, Bob

I have seen a 2500S with A/C fitted

The compressor is located under the alternator, using the mounting holes on
the side of the block. The belt arrangement is rather interesting - the
comnpresor has a double pulley, with the rear pulley being driven by the
water pump belt, and a new (very short) belt is used from the front pully to
drive the alternator. The alternator needs to be positioned further forwards
to achieve this.

How you would route the A/C plumbing is another matter in a Left hand drive
car, as I imagine the steering column, brake and clutch master (assuming it
is manual) cylinders and the PI equipment would make that side of the engine
bay quite busy, but I am sure that a little bit of ingenuity would solve the
problem...

Yours in Triumph

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D