2000-register

Re: LRP

To: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>, <2000-register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LRP
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:16:39 -0000
>I also need help - we are going to Paris with the 2500S - does anyone know
>of any Triumph suppliers around Paris - and how do you say 'It's broke' in
>French?

Sharon - the easy bit to your question is "C'est en panne." Something tells me
that if you
make this bold statement, the inevitable reply will be along the lines of
"D'accord - mais
quoi?" which, in Anglo Saxon, means something like "OK - but what?" and that's
likely to
open a real can of worms of substantial dimension. Perhaps it might be an idea
to submit
to the list the key areas where you think a breakdown might occur and we could
comb the
dictionaries and phrasebooks in an attempt to help?
Do you really have such a low level of confidence in your car? Tut tut.

Jonmac