2000-register

LRP

To: 2000-register@autox.team.net
Subject: LRP
From: "Sharon Patterson" <sapat@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:52:51 GMT
I've used unleaded and had no problems until we took the 2500S to Scotland
(a round trip of 1,700 miles)when she started pinking. I then tried Millers
VSP for a short while and the pinking stopped.  Then every time I went to
fill up I forgot them so I haven't used it again for a while.  Still no
pinking, no petrol leaks, carburettors are fine and the valve gaps are OK.
I would estimate that I used Millers for around 2,000 miles and and around
13,000 on unleaded.  What I have saved with the cheaper unleaded will more
than pay for a conversion, when it's needed.  Quite a few of these miles
were at high speeds, lots were over the suggested 3,000 rpm and the rests
were driving around town.  Hope this helps.
I also need help - we are going to Paris with the 2500S - does anyone know
of any Triumph suppliers around Paris - and how do you say 'It's broke' in
French?
Sharon Patterson