vtr

Re: [VTR] BMW cease and desist letters

To: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VTR] BMW cease and desist letters
From: Wayne Simpson <StagHunter@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 13:18:00 -0500
On 2/3/2010 12:56 PM, marty sukey wrote:
> First I've heard of it. Have me curious now though. Did VTR get
> something from these yahoos?

This comes from the TWOA (TR7/8 Marque Club, a VTR affiliate) newsletter
reporting on the Chapter President's meeting last October at Triumphest:

> Several clubs around the U.S. have received from BMW, cease and
> desist orders in regards to using logos, or badges originally
> designed for Triumph cars. As you all know, BMW owns these logos and
> images which most Triumph Clubs use almost every day on their
> newsletters and regalia. VTR itself has the right to use its logo as
> it was appointed the official surviving Triumph club back 1981 when
> the factory packed up and left. They have this in the form of a
> letter written by the Director of North American operations. This is
> a big problem, and most of the meeting was spent discussing this
> issue. In the end, no real easy answers emerged.

So my question is, who got these letters and what did they say? Is there
anyone on this list who was present at that meeting in San Luis Obispo?

BTW, this is why I love e-mailing lists as opposed to forums. They can
sleep for years yet wake up and be useful in an instant.

Wayne Simpson                                    StagHunter@comcast.net
   1973 Triumph Stag #LE 21416 U
      Carmine Red, Saddle Tan
   1980 Triumph TR7 TPVDJ8AT202532
      Inca Yellow, Golden Tan Check         Lover of Triumph's 3 bastard
Brick Township, NJ                               sons: TR7 - TR8 - STAG

http://www.vtr.org

Vtr@autox.team.net