vtr

Famous Spitfire owners?

To: Scions of the Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register general list <vtr@autox.team.net>, VTR Chapters and Zones <vtr-chapters@autox.team.net>, Vintage Triumph Register Board <vtr-admin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Famous Spitfire owners?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 12:20:34 -0400 ()
Sender: owner-vtr@autox.team.net
Help, all! I need a relatively quick reply on this (tell you what it's all
about later). I'm trying to think of famous owners (past or present) of
Spitfires, particularly the later (1971 on) models. Can anyone help? Oh,
and by famous I mean a name that would be generally recognizable to the
public (sadly, that excludes yours truly, and even you Barry! :-) ). I
recall that Uri Geller once owned one, but perhaps there is someone even
better known?

Also, I don't have such archives handy. Can anyone name a popular movie in
which a later Spitfire is prominently seen? (Again, I'm thinking more
along the lines of as visible as was the stubborn Mini in "Four Weddings
and a Funeral", not something like "oh, yeah, way in the distance, for
about half a second, you could almost make out a Spitfire on the Schlossen
Cutoff in the movie..."

Austin Powers (either film), perhaps?

Thanks. Again, I need a relatively quick reply, as in today or by early
next week if possible.

--Andy