vtr

Re: Insurance for TR6

To: vtr@Autox.Team.Net, "Jack Levy - Computer Consultants - Hwd. FL" <sales@cocoinc.com>
Subject: Re: Insurance for TR6
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mailhost2.planet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:20:44 +0000
Sender: owner-vtr@Autox.Team.Net
Jack Levy - Computer Consultants <sales@cocoinc.com> wrote:
> I own a 76 TR6 which gets driven maybe 500 miles a year, we have 2 other
> cars which are our daily drivers. The problem is I pay about $750 a year for
> insurance, I was thinking of getting a Spitfire or a GT6, but would hate to
> pay this much for vehicles I rarely use.  Are there any Collector car
> policies? I have State Farm and my agent was not sure but did not think so.
> Also any advice on finding a GT6 or Spitfire? Unusual places to find them?
> It seems  in Florida the dealers are buying the cheaper cars and selling
> them for a lot more than they used to go for.

Jack,

There are several possibilities INCLUDING State Farm.  State Farm
(at least here in NJ) has two special classifications.  One is
ANTIQUE which is usually 25 years or older and the other is
COLLECTOR.  Ask your State Farm agent to research those
classifications as to availability in Florida.

Additionally, VTR has worked with Collector Insurance and they
write limited use policies for ALL Triumphs in almost every state.
Give Angela Anthony a call at:  800-594-5230

Bill Sohl
VTR Editor