Re: Here's one that should start a lot of discussion.....

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Here's one that should start a lot of discussion.....
From: shiples@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:41:48 -0800
> >Well friends, bury me with ideas  and opinions..........
>
>Call me an iconoclast, but for a Super 7 sized car, I can think of nothing
>better than a Mazda Miata engine and 5 speed. Around 140 bhp, dead reliable,
>passes emissions tests......what's not to like?
>Bill

Check the dimensions.

Most modern engines are too tall.  I don't know anything about Miatas so I
may be way off base.  But I did go out in my garage to measure a 1300cc
Ford X-flow sitting just off the floor to illustrate how low the bonnet is on a
Lotus.  Roughly 23inches to the top of a single downdraft.

The Locost will have a bit more room than a Lotus.  But I bet that with the
Miata it'll need bulge in the hood suitable for a ProStocker

Steve Shipley