Here's one that should start a lot of discussion.....

To: "Vintage race (Vintage race)" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Here's one that should start a lot of discussion.....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:52:46 -0500
A friend of mine called me today and said he was building a Lotus 7 look
- alike and since he knew I messed around with Sprites that I might know
where he could get a nice 1275 with a rib case trans. I said something
to the effect of, "Why would you every use that combination when there
are so many other choices available?" He challenged me and I named a few
that I thought might be better and then I told him I'd throw out the
question to a group that has never lacked for ideas and opinions.

Let me add  that he is building this as a street car, NOT a vintage
racer so age, authenticity or country of origin is not important. What
he is looking for is over 100 hp (when properly rebuilt and tuned) in a
reliable, easy to service and obtain parts for, engine and a
transmission with nicely spaced gearing, all synchro and hopefully a 5
speed.

Well friends, bury me with ideas and opinions..........