Newbie

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all!  I'm newly subscribed, and in the early stages
of building a vintage race-legal MGB for use in a
relatively few east-coast events in 2004.  The car
will always be a dual-purpose street/track car, so I'm
not out to build some crazy horsepower "winner", but
rather a very period-correct, reliable and well put
together car.

That said, I have a question for the list:

Does anyone running in SVRA (or a series with
equivalent safety regulations) have any sources for a
rollbar for this car?  I live in Charlotte, so in
theory I can have one fabricated locally, but in
reality, I'm having a difficult time finding a shop
that can do the work affordably.

Anyone have any ideas?  Can I start with an Autopower
"race" bar or one of the ones from a place like
www.tsimportedautomotive.com?  Or will I run into
legality issues?  I need a roll bar that will fit
under the hard top and not be terribly intrusive for
use on the street, and I also don't want to spend a
bloody fortune on it.

Cheers,

=====
Paul Misencik