Re: SCCA & Vintage

To: mjb@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SCCA & Vintage
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:30:02 +0000
>I wonder how many folks run vintage to get away from SCCA?

   While this might not be true for all vintage racers, it seems to be a
common theme with many... What I've heard is they (vintage racers) miss the
camaraderie of the "old days" and hate the money chase that (SCCA) amateur
racing has become.

>On the other hand, would a major move into "vintage" by SCCA bring some
>sort
>of consistency to various regional rules?

     I hope that doesn't happen. With the SCCA's history any move by them to
"take over" vintage
     racing will only serve to hurt the "family and friends" atmosphere thet
exists in many of the local
     groups.

    This I believe is the best part of vintage racing. I think it's
something the SCCA forgot a long time ago.

    My opinion

    Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)