FIA driver's suit requirements(ratings?)

To: "vintage-race" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: FIA driver's suit requirements(ratings?)
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:49:06 -0500
does anyone know what the FIA requires as a rating ?  i have tried the FIA
site and have nothing but trouble downloading info.   i have called the
ACCUS and am unable to get a straight answer without buying the appendix K
rule book.   all i want to know is the accepted rating for international
vintage competition under FIA rules .  i'm leaning (kinda a new slant?)
towarda new suit from speed sport.   their prices are half of simpson's with
same SFI ratings.  i just might spring for a new suit before sebring if i
can get a straight answer.  my old suit is so huge (when i weighed 453lbs)
that on me now there is enough room to get a small adult into it with
e( now 270lbs).   i now weigh in the range of standard sizing .  i never did
that before my old suit caused a world shortage in nomex and omar the tent
maker had to hire extra workers to handle the added yardage!  LOL!   so i no
longer need a custom tent with sleves and legs!   hmm possibly i might
donate my old suit to the scouts as a 4 man tent?  ROFLMAO!  hmmmmmmmm,
possibly a car cover for my bugeye?

chuck
hey i have to have a sense of humor....i race a darn saab!  :)