Re:manual Transmission Towing

To: MHKitchen@aol.com
Subject: Re:manual Transmission Towing
From: Ccanepa50@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:00:27 EDT
I know that a manual tranny has a lower tow capacity rating but I find much
comfort while towing using the tranny for control especially on decents and
slowing let alone having the right gear and no torque converter while
climbing, in a automatic tranny I feel like I'm always at the same rpm or
riding on the brake pedal....what is there  thats more enjoyable than working
that  3rd pedal and gearbox any time  you have a steering wheel in hand? I do
not know........
chuck...350 dually  w/service body, 5sp manual (460ci), & 26' closed
trailer....sucks the fuel but what a tow rig.......