Re: alternator

To: Craig Wright <cwright@pdghightower.com>
Subject: Re: alternator
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:56:15 -0500
A reply that may have not been copied to the list said that:

"Pegasus offers a Cut-off Switch with Alternator Protection. The alternator
circuit grounds through a 3 ohm resistor when the switch is in the off
position.
Pegasus part no. 4430
Jim"

This would solve the problem, and I've seen this type of switch in hot-rod
shops.

Brian

At 02:50 PM 3/19/02, Craig Wright wrote:
>I'm in the processes of assembling my GT350 and have the same issue. I see
>that
>some battery cutoff switches say that they are to be used when an
>alternator is in
>use. Maybe it is just a second set of contacts that the ignition goes
>through so
>that when you disconnect the battery you also open the ignition circuit,
>stopping
>the engine and the alternator. If anyone knows the correct (Tech Legal) way to
>accomplish this, please respond to the list.
>
>Craig Wright
>

>Brian Evans wrote:

Brian Evans
Director, Canada