Re: Aerial views

To: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>, <Jdonick@vnet.ibm.com>,
Subject: Re: Aerial views
From: "Reynolds" <grant62@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:54:22 -0500
I don't know if you can find it but Marlboro is still "there". The sagging
grandstand is used for offices for a helicopter operation and most of the
track has become the repository for recyclable vegatable material - leaves
and stuff. Because it was at or below the water table - a wetland, in
effect - nothing was ever built on it after the track closed in 1969.  It
wasn't much of a loss, because advances in tires had made it a demolition
derby scene rather than a sports car track. SCCA killed it by inspection,
but the standards applied were not unreasonable and the track deserved to
die.

Grant Reynolds (flagged and crewed there 1961-1968 - we refused to race
there in 1969 due to high rate of car damage in 68)