Aerial views

To: Jdonick@vnet.ibm.com, MGVR@yahoogroups.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Aerial views
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:36:47 +0000
Have really enjoyed exploring the aerial views on Terraserver the last
couple of nights.  Two interesting experiences tonight ... you can never go
home again, or can you?

Bridgehampton ... it's still there (at least in Terraserver world).  The
photo was taken April 8, 1994.  It's beautiful, but makes me very sad.

But just one week earlier, on April Fool's Day, the airplane (satellite?)
was over Milton NC.  Yes, it's true, VIR really did exist before Harvey
resurrected it!  I recommend looking at them in this order -- it's
uplifting, looking at a dormant VIR & realizing five years later it was open
once again.  Almost makes up for the Bridgehampton downer.

Go to Terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com and do a search on Bridgehampton, NY.
Pan a little northwest and there it is (was).  Then do a search on Milton,
NC, pan north, at there's VIR -- the "before" picture.  Tomorrow I may look
for Marlboro and Thompson.

Regards,
Mark Palmer
Aerial voyeur -- pull the shades on your skylights!