Re: source for SCCA historical data?

To: "Tim Osborne" <timos@microsoft.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: source for SCCA historical data?
From: "Nick England" <nick@3rdTech.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:48:19 -0400
The SCCA Archivist is Pete Hylton - he can search the retired files for $25
per search. Unfortunately, SCCA evidently discarded all their race records
many years ago, so you can't find much beyond name and address and whether
they had national points.
Pete Hylton   <petehylton@surf-ici.com>
SCCA Archivist
PO Box 549
Brownsburg, IN  46112

I have been researching Beach and Begra race cars and have had some success
by contacting an SCCA region's newsletter editor and asking them to insert
an ad saying "Info Wanted on xxx driver and car. Call or e-mail xxx."
Sometimes the region has an e-mail list or bulletin board that you can post
to as well. In several cases I have gotten replies from people who
remembered the car and driver and could give me some helpful info.
http://www.3rdtech.com/nick/cars/beach-photos.html

I encourage people to ask around and see if anyone in your region has a
collection of old regional newsletters - they usually printed results of
local races. If so, please make copies and convince someone to put the info
on the Web. Fortunately for NC Region, Gordon Warren had saved most all the
newsletters with results from VIR, so as a result, I have a pretty complete
set of race results from 1957-74 on my VIR history site.
http://dega.cs.unc.edu/~nick/new/vir.html

Good luck & have fun,
Nick
--------