SVRA blue / gray at summit point

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: SVRA blue / gray at summit point
From: "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:58:58 -0000
well since no one has sent any reports yet i'll jump in and say except for
the short period of rain saturday morning the weekend was great!    once
again i was the official greeter of all of group 1 and at times EVRYONE in
group 3 too!   i'm getting rather good at determining diferential of speed
in my mirrors.   as hard as i could push the old saab a 1.55 was the best
lap time i could muster.  and flog it silly i did!  in sunday morning's warm
up i had a minor agricultural experience but other than that it was a great
weekend of racing.  i find it funny that while strapped in the car i can
stick my right hand out the right window to point by fellow competitors and
even encourage a few (ask chris gross.) on their overtaking me.   the old
saab ran well...or at least as well as it could be expected.   i wish i
could say that for peter dunn's morgan.  tonight we are extracting the
engine to see why it siezed.  what ever it is, it was with nasty results as
coolant is in the oil!  never a good sign!   so preperation for VIR begins
with extracting peter's engine and moth balling the old saab untill the end
of the month!
as for the blue gray at summit point?  personally i had a great time!  i
missed the group party being unavoidably detained at an establishment in
shepherdstown....lol!  you guys were probably throwing darts at a picture of
a saab in the trailer ...lol!   i saw numerous fellow group 1 competitors
sidelined during the weekend with various problems.  i wish them all a
speedy mechanical recovery and hope to "greet" them at VIR .

chuck
oarnge saab #25 (SVRA#251)
doug? you are in charge of the official report ...ok?
btw!  during the blue gray and the mixed group practice i did my best to
watch my mirrors to stay out of trouble with the group 3 guys!   chuck,
peter?  umm yer not too offended by the moving oarnge safety cone......are

///
///  vintage-race@autox.team.net mailing list
///