Re: Brake line fittings

To: mgvrmark@hotmail.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake line fittings
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:30:25 EDT
In a message dated 7/26/01 2:55:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mgvrmark@hotmail.com writes:

> (please skip the lecture, I know NPT is not
> recommended for brake lines -- send the lecture to Wilwood, their prop
> valves are tapped NPT).

Mark,

Ya gots ta do what ya gots to do. The things we do to these cars require a
lot of ingenuity as you know. You are better than I am at putting it in
writing.

Jeeze, Carroll Smith is a great guy and has taught us a lot, but he doesn't
write about "old" cars very often.

Anyway, have you checked your local hydrolic/pnuematic fitting supply place?
PARKER usually has an outlet in most towms. There is a wide range JIC
37degree fittings that work the same as AN fittings. It is pretty easy to
reflare a tube using the appropriate tube sleeve and nut.

Jack Woehrle