Re: Seats for GT6

To: mjb@cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Seats for GT6
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:12:40 -0500
On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:47:20 -0600 (MDT) "Mark J. Bradakis"
<mjb@cs.utah.edu> writes:
> I've been meaning to look into Kirkey seats, I believe they have
> some fairly
> narrow aluminum shells that may work.  The Corbeau mentioned above
> is for a
> street car, there is no way it would fit with a roll bar and harness
> mounts.
> My racing Spits have less than adequate seating, so I'm hoping the
> Kirkey units
> may be the answer.

See http://www.kirkeyracing.com/home.html.  I've got their "Economy" seat
in my Midget (look under Street Stock) and I'm quite pleased with it.  It
was very inexpensive at about $130, including the cover.  I think you can
get it even cheaper from Racer Wholesale or one of the other discount
mailorder houses.  The website includes "shop drawings" so you can get
every dimension.

I've found it to be very comfortable and it really holds me in.  It is
not easy to get into (wedgie city, man), which may be exacerbated by
putting it in a small hardtop like a GT6.  Also, it isn't very pretty or
period looking, if that matters to you.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD