Advertising

To: "'WSpohn4@aol.com'" <WSpohn4@aol.com>, lwdent@fwi.com
Subject: Advertising
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:14:14 -0700
The best ad I ever saw on a race car was 15 to 20 years ago on the sides of
a Formula Ford in the San Francisco region of the SCCA.

In very big letters:  UP YOUR ASSETS

In very small letters you could only read from 2 feet away:

Where? At the Chartered Bank of London, of course.

Tasteful???

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.
SM 2000/2
FAX (650)312-5830

> Disagree.
>
> If my local body shop wants to sponsor my vintage, as they do my SCCA
> car, I would like to run a tasteful ad on the car they are paying some
> expenses on to get to the races.

Fine, but who decides what is tasteful? We can't even decide what rules we
should have for eligibility!

Bill
(who is now contemplating accepting some serious sponsorship from the local
porn video outlet, painting his MG bright pink, and painting "Red-Hot Video"

in 8 inch red letters down the sides...........)