Re: Auto lift solution

To: "Chris Towner" <quahogracing@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Auto lift solution
From: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:53:28 -0400
I've been considering a mid-rise lift rather than the 4 poster because most
of my work seems to be on the brakes, suspension ,etc that can be gotten to
from the side while sitting down.  For those few times I need to get
underneath, are these lifts safe?   One vendor warned me against it, saying
you need to support the car on (tall) jackstands as well as the lift.

Also, what specific brands and models are you using that you're happy with?

Thanks, Don
TR4A #11