Re: Society and Automobiles

To: "Michael Gee" <Michael_Gee@bc.sympatico.ca>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Society and Automobiles
From: "Ted Rodgers" <rodgers356@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:21:35 -0700
There was a piece on Speedvision a month or so ago whose theme was to show
the many and varied forms of racing in England.  The interesting thing was
it was from circa 1961.  They went from Silverstone to Goodwood to Brands
Hatch, etc., and one of the events was what they called a vintage car race.
Looked like all prewar cars and some of the drivers were the same names you
heard of as being well known drivers during the 30's, e.g., George Eyston.

I'll leave it to others to draw their own conclusions.

Ted Rodgers