Re: Sprite 948 Gearbox/Lotus Seven Question

To: gt6driver@yahoo.com, lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Sprite 948 Gearbox/Lotus Seven Question
From: "Roger Sieling" <sarl45@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 17:54:16 -0400
John,

If you're talking about the eight 5/16" studs/ nuts that hold the shifter
remote down on top of the tail housing, no harm should come of removing
this. Just be careful to do it in neutral and when it goes back on, the
little plastic bush on the tip of the shifter rod must be on the ball end
and free to pivot and it must be eased into position into the mating cup of
the other linkage rod. Do not force it.

On the other hand, if you're thinking about removing the tail housing and
have to ask this question, don't do it. No springs will erupt, but it must
be "offered-up" just right and twisted just right and the bearing housing
could rotate a little for a real fun time for a novice.

Is it a smooth case or rib case box?

Roger