Bob Oker, Triumph Team

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Bob Oker, Triumph Team
From: Mike.Savin@nokia.com
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 16:53:40 -0500
Mordy:

        I'm interested too.  Do you have any more pictures?  Do you have
any pictures of Bob driving in the '56 Sebring race?  You know Oker drove
11 hrs 20 minutes of that race, finished 1st 2 liter GT, and high in the
standings
as I recall, without a clutch.  His co-driver drove only 40 minutes -- he
couldn't
drive clutchless.  But I think Bill recalls more about this than I do.  I
remember
MotoRacing newspaper (Gus Vignole) called Bob "Ironman Oker" after this
race.

        Anybody out there have any pictures from the '56 Sebring race, or
can
add to the story?

    -- Mike

Thanks Mike and Morty! This would be the '57 race. They didn't finish. The
11 1/2 hour episode happened in '56...the small grill car. Look how skinny
he is!

Morty...what's you connection with this picture?

Thanks again,

Bill Oker